Monday, August 27, 2007

Meeting everyone!

This Friday, Nora and I were privileged to attend the orientation for SLIS. We met a lot of nice people, many of whom promised to read this blog and comment (hint hint wink wink)! This has made me incredibly excited about this coming year and all of the interesting things we will do! I feel like I am lapping into Dr. Seuss territory (Oh The Places You Will Go) so I will wrap up.

But I want to leave you with some food for thought. This link is to an episode of Talk of The Nation, an NPR call-in show. This segment is all about Libraries and the digital age. Mainly they are talking to the people at Google and Project Gutenberg. It is a nice introduction to some of the issues involved in Digital Libraries. So enjoy and have a good year everyone!!

No comments: